Senior Email Marketing & CRM Manager
Do you love every dog that crosses your path? Think cats are awesome? Do you enjoy working in a startup environment? Does being a part of a team that is mission-driven, results-driven, and detail-oriented appeal to you? Are you an email marketing whiz? This role is for you!
Basepaws is a unique pet health startup located in Los Angeles, CA. We create the world’s most innovative products for pets, and are the world leader in companion animal genetics, creating a world where pets and their people benefit from insights powered by genetics and data. We are looking for a passionate and experienced Email Marketing Manager to join our Marketing team! You will focus on developing a strategy and executing email and SMS-campaigns for our new and existing products, apply monetization and testing strategies to drive towards conversion and deliver measurable results, and use your understanding of our audience and product to tailor these experiences to each segment. You live and breathe email, you are a great copywriter, and you are a Klaviyo expert. Our ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of proven successful email marketing experience.
Own strategy and execution of all emails and campaign for all our products;
Execute all aspects of the email deployment process from pulling email audiences, uploading content, QA, launch, and monitoring email deployments;
Lead our customer lifecycle strategy, segmentation, and execution across all channels (e.g, email, SMS, etc.) to grow revenue and orders per customer;
Work with the in-house creative team (designer, copywriter) to brief for new assets and copy to test and grow retained customer population. Having strong copywriting skills is a big advantage.
Own the retention marketing calendar and make sure growth marketing, social marketing, customer support, and others are all in alignment;
Report weekly, monthly, and quarterly acquisition and retention metrics with qualitative and quantitative analyses;
Develop and execute A/B testing for email optimization;
Develop and execute audience segmentation based on engagement and purchase data;
Partner with marketing and others to execute audience-centric and ROI driven campaigns;
Maximize Email, SMS and Refer a Friend program to ensure we are utilizing their capabilities;
Be responsible for performance against key top-line business-critical metrics;
Analyze and report on customer behavior, sales data and customer feedback to create strategies to drive retention and LTV;
Implement and ensure adherence to Email Marketing & CRM Best Practices.
- 3+ years of experience is a must;
- Strong automation skills with using Klaviyo;
- Experience writing and testing content across multiple digital media including emails, web, and mobile applications;
- Perspective and authority as a true “strategist,” offering stellar copy and content as well as recommendations about how the content narrative should unfold across all customer touchpoints;
- Have at least 3+ of experience in email/retention marketing, either in-house or at an agency (start-up or subscription experience is a bonus)
- Ability to create and analyze A/B and multivariate experiments via tools such as Optimizely
- Love using data (Excel, Google Analytics, SQL, etc.) to solve problems and drive budget efficiency and scale
- Highly creative in identifying consumer behavior and devising campaigns that engage, inform, motivate, and convert
- Experience with website analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, WebTrends)
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in email and mobile marketing and measurement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to learn and constantly expand knowledge and skillset
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising email campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Ability to work independently
Please send your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org